SPATIAL CHANGES IN LVIV IN THE XXI CENTURY: BENEFITS AND RISKS ON THE WAY TO SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT.
Structural changes lead to changes in the economy of the country and are especially noticeable on the territory of the large cities.These changes may be different in scope and intensity of their impact on the economywhich should be seen not only as a separate subsystem within the economic contain of the city elements of productive forces, but also as groups of people, from the perspective of society. Geospatial changes in the distribution of land inLviv, benefits and risks of increasing building density in the city are considered.In recent years, significant changes in the space of the city are brought by the new residential areas. In 2000 were put into operation 109 residential building units, and in 2015 – 433 units (as of housing area 95.9 thousand. sq. m. and 571.5 sq. m.).Most developers prefer to build in the central areas of the city.In this case, residents get the newly developed infrastructure of the roads and social facilities: schools, kindergartens, shops, sports complexes etc. Unregulated influx of personal vehicles in the city as most highways, as well as directly to residential areas causes the removal of large areas to accommodate the parking zones, expansion of transport facilities maintenance, sealing the territory of residential areas, including residential development, and ultimately worsening of the living conditions.
Key words:geospace, structure of the city land, residential buildings, vehicles, Lviv.
- Dyomin M., Synhayivs’ka O. Metodologichne vyznachennya fundamental’nych ponyat teorii mistobuduvannya // Dosvid ta perspectyvyrozvytku mist Ukrayiny. Zbirnyknaukowychprac’. – 2008. – №14. S.50-61.
- MezentsevK. V. Suspil’no-geografichneprohnozuvannyaregional’nohorozvytku. Monohrafiya. – Kyiv: Vydavnycho-polihrafichnyycentr “Kyyivs’kyyuniversytet”, 2005. – 253 s.
- NazarukM. M. LvivuXXstolitti: sotsial’no-ekolohichnyyanaliz. Lviv: Ukr. Akad. Drukarstva, vyd. Centr LNU im. I. Franka, 2008. – 348 s.
- Pidhrushnyy H. P. Promyslovist i regional’nyy rozvytok Ukrayiny. Monohrafiya. – Kyiv: Instytut Geographiyi NAN Ukrayiny, 2009. – 300 s.
- Statystychnyy shchorichnyk mista Lvova za 2015 rik / Jolovne upravlinnia statystyky u Lvivskiy oblasti, 2016. – 138 s.