QUALITY OF DRINKING WATER AND ITS IMPACT ON THE HEALTH STATUS OF THE CHERNIGIV REGION POPULATION
The paper analyzes the dynamics of changes in the quality of drinking water in the sources of centralized and decentralized water supply by sanitary-chemical and bacteriological indicators for the period from 2000 to 2016. During this period, the quality of water in both centralized and decentralized water supply in Chernihiv region did not significantly change.The index of water pollution of decentralized water supply is much worse than centralized. This testifies to the need for detailed research on the protection of groundwater in the region and the strengthening of water quality control from decentralized water supply sources.The result of the study is the calculation of the index of water pollution and the grouping of administrative districts of the region by this indicator. According to the complex value of the water pollution index, most of the districts of the region (18 out of 22) belong to the second class. It is the moderately polluted water, which is under considerable anthropogenic influence, the level of which is close to the limit of ecosystem stability. The results obtained are presented on the chart.To determine the impact of drinking water quality on the health status of the population, the coefficients of correlation are calculated. There is a correlation between the quality of water and the incidence of certain diseases, namely tumors, diseases of the bone and muscle and connective tissue, digestive organs, and the endocrine system. But for some administrative regions there is no clear relationship between water quality and morbidity. This can be explained by the fact that the morbidity is always influenced not by one, but by several factors.
Keywords: drinking water, centralized water supply, decentralized water supply, water pollution index, population morbidity, correlation coefficient.
- Volkova L. A. Quality of drinking water as an indicator of medical and ecological risk of the territory /L. A. Volkova, Y. S. Kushniruk // Geography and tourism. – 2012. – Publication 19. – Pages 316-232.
- Hakalo O. I. Prediction of water quality taken from centralized water supply sources in Rivne region [Electronic source]. – Available at: http://www.kdu.edu.ua/statti/2011-1-1(66)/118.pdf
- Report on the state of the environment in Chernihiv region in 2016 [Electronic source]. – Available at: http: //eco.cg.gov.ua/index. php?id= 15801&tp = 1&pg =
- Moseychuk A. A. Quality control of drinking water in sources of decentralized water supply in Poltava region /A. A. Moseychuk, I. A. Boyko// Journal of Poltava State Agrarian Academy. – 2011. – No. 4. – Pages 12-17.
- Ponomarenko N. P. Quality control of utility and drinking water supply in districts of Chernihiv region /N. P. Ponomarenko, M. M. Korshun // Actual problems of modern medicine. – 2014. – Volume 14, Publication 2 (46). – Pages 37-43.
- Snizhko S. I. Estimation and prediction of natural water quality / S. I. Snizhko. – K.: Nika-center, 2001. – 264 pages.
- Stepanenkov H. V. Influence of drinking water quality on the health status of population in Poltava region between 2001-2012 / H. V. Stepanenkov // Journal of Poltava State Agrarian Academy. – 2015. – No. 1-2. – Pages 160-164.
- Quality of utility and drinking water supply and surface watercourse [Electronic source]. – Available at: www.http: //http://www.cnobldses.gov.ua/docs/meet.php?id=62