THE ASSESSMENT OF WATER QUALITY IN WATER RESOURCES USE IN TERNOPIL REGION RECREATION PURPOSES.
The essence of water recreational resources, and their importance in the development of the recreational sphere of the region was researched. We implemented quantitative and qualitative analysis of aquatic recreational resources of the territory. The evaluation of water resource security processes of recreational nature was conducted. We discovered and evaluated the factors that limit the use of water resources of the area for recreational purposes. Based on the analysis of the existing water resource and ecological assessment of their quality status we suggested to take into consideration three water-recreational districts (WRD) within the Ternopil region. The organization of the various functional forms of recreation within these areas largely depends on territorial unification and qualitative characteristics of water resources. Northern water-recreation area is characterized by relatively high quality water parameters. Attractive landscapes which combine landscapes of different types, wide, marshy river valleys, the settlements outside the river valleys, the slopes of the valleys often covered with forests contribute to the development of recreation. Central water recreation area is characterized by less favourable environmental situation. The river valley is deep and narrow, winding, with steep slopes, covered mainly with trees and shrubs. Within the river valleys there are settlements, which are associated with industrial, agricultural and municipal pollution of watercourses, and therefore the water quality indicators are much lower. This area is characterized by high population density, and thus high recreational demand. In connection with the increase in the number of unorganized holidaymakers, individuals who prefer short term rest (especially in suburban areas of Ternopil, Terebovlya, Chortkiv) demand on the coastal zones along aquatic systems increases considerably. South WRD is characterized by little regulation of runoff, a relatively small number of ponds and reservoirs, increases the water content and the depth of the rivers. It is characterized by the high pollution of the water. In South WRD, there are developed the optimal conditions for the development of all functional types of recreation – therapeutic recreation, recreation and sports, sports tourism, educational, amateur.
Keywords: water quality, environmental assessment, water recreation resources, Ternopil region.
- Vasyl’yev V.S. Yspol’zovanye vodoemov y rek v tselyakh rekreatsyy / V.S.Vasyl’yev, V.A. Kukushkyn– L: Hydrometeoyzdat, 1988. – 205 s.
- Kotlyarov E.A. Heohrafyya otdykha y turyzma/ E.A. Kotlyarov – M.: Mysl’, 1978. – 238 s.
- Levkivs’kyy S.S. Ratsional’ne vykorystannya i okhorona vodnykh resursiv/ S.S. Levkivs’kyy, M.M. Padun– Kyyiv „Lybid’”, 2006. – 271 s.
- Marynyak Ya.O. Vodohospodars’kyy kompleks Ternopil’s’koyi oblasti/ Ya.O.Marynyak – Ternopil’, 1997.
- Metodyka ekolohichnoyi otsinky yakosti poverkhnevykh vod za vidpovidnymy katehoriyamy. Rozrobleno: Ukrayins’kym naukovo-doslidnym instytutom ekolohichnykh problem (UkrNDIEP) Ministerstva ekolohiyi ta pryrodnykh resursiv Ukrayiny. Rozrobnyky: A.V. Hrytsenko, O.H. Vasenko, H.A. Vernichenko, M.S. Kovalenko, O.V. Poddashkin, D.Yu. Vernychenko-Tsvetkov, N.V. Mel’nykova, O.P. Miroshnychenko. Kharkiv, 2012. – 37 s.
- Myronenko N.S. Rekreatsyonnaya heohrafyya/ N.S.Myronenko, Y.T. Tverdokhlebov – M.: Yzd-vo MHU, 1981. – 232s.
- Nudel’man N.S. Sotsyal’no-эkonomycheskye problemы rekreatsyonnoho pryrodopol’zovanyya/ N.S.Nudel’man – Kyev «Naukova dumka», 1987. – 130 s.
- Pytulyak M.R. Suchasnyy stan ta optymizatsiya rekreatsiynykh funktsiy landshaftno-rekreatsiynykh oblastey i rayoniv Ternopil’shchyny/ M.R. Pytulyak // Ukrayins’kyy heohrafichnyy zhurnal # 3 (27) –Kyyiv: instytut heohrafiyi NAN Ukrayiny, 1999. – s.37-38
- Preobrazhenskyy V.S. Heohrafyya y otdыkh/ V.S.Preobrazhenskyy, Yu.A.Vedenyn– M.: Nauka, 1971. – 48 s.
- Pryroda Ternopil’s’koyi oblasti /za redaktsiyeyu Herenchuka K.I./ – L.: Vyshcha shkola, 1979. – 167 s.
- Tsaryk L.P. Pryrodni rekreatsiyni resursy: metody otsinky y analizu (na prykladi Ternopil’s’koyi oblasti)/ L.P.Tsaryk, H.V.Chernyuk – Ternopil’: Pidruchnyky i posibnyky, 2001.-188 s.