CONCEPTUAL APPROACHES TO THE STUDY OF HUMAN GEOGRAPHY SCIENTIFIC SCHOOLS IN UKRAINE.
This research is devoted to the complex analysis of the process of forming scientific schools of Human Geography in Ukraine with a disquisition of cognitive abilities and specific results of functioning scientific schools of various types. Taking into account the aim of the research the essence of scientific logical model of a human-geographical school was considered, its theoretical units and methodological foundations for the study were determined; the factors of scientific schools of Human Geography in Ukraine were analyzed, the periodization of the process was defined; the types of scientific schools as following, trend schools and scientific, educational ones as well as schools as research teams were described; their place, role and achievements in the formation of Human Geography in Ukraine were determined; certain types of scientific schools as district (or trend schools) schools, School of Ukrainian Research Institute of Geography and Cartography (both research and education) and Acad. M. Palamarchuk scientific school (as a school as a research team) were highlighted; the problems of scientific schools in Human Geography in Ukraine and perspective areas of their development and research were figured out. The scientific school was considered as as a creative team of scientists who were united by common approaches to problems solving, to the style of theoretical work, to strategies for maintaining of professional scientific thinking, to ideas and methods of their implementation; as a team of scientists who together with their leader develop the perspective foundation of human geography and which are consequently recognized in the scientific community. The author of the research classifies the schools of human geography in Ukraine while highlighting the leading research schools as such that are recognized with their scientific fields, scientific and educational research schools and school groups. The author determined internal and external factors in the formation of scientific schools in the human geography of Ukraine. The author’s approach made it possible to distinguish three phases of the respective periods: Phase 1 – late XIX – early XX century: 1873-1904; 1905-1917; 1918-1921; Phase 2 – mid. XX century: 1922-1933; 1934-1963; 1964-1990; Phase 3 – late XX – early XXI century: 1991-2015 . The most significant characteristics of each stage and period were defined. The typological characteristics of different types of scientific schools, school areas, scientific, educational schools and the schools as research groups were done; their place, role and achievements in the development of human geography of Ukraine were defined. The research subject was defined from the standpoint of schools areas: human geography and industry statistics, economic geography (district, district -complex) and human geography; the author determined the principles, evolution and composition of these schools.
Keywords: Human Geography in Ukraine, scientific schools, factors of formation, trend schools, scientific and educational schools, school as research groups.
- Heohrafichna nauka v Natsional’niy akademiyi nauk Ukrayiny / L. H. Rudenko, O. M. Marynych, V. P. Paliyenko ta in. – Kyyiv : Akademperiodyka, 2009. – 252 s.
- Zhupans’kyy Ya. I. Istoriya heohrafiyi v Ukrayini : navch. posib. / Ya. I. Zhupans’kyy. – L’viv : Svit, 1997. – 261 s.
- Oliynyk Ya. B. Teoretychni pidkhody do rozuminnya sutnosti naukovoyi shkoly v heohrafiyi / Ya. B. Oliynyk, S. M. Shevchuk // Heohrafiya ta suchasnist’ : zb. nauk. pr. Nats. ped. un-tu imeni M. P. Drahomanova. – 2010. – Vyp. 24. – S. 6–11.
- Oliynyk Ya. B. Metody vyvchennya naukovykh shkil v istoriyi ukrayins’koyi suspil’noyi heohrafiyi / Ya. B. Oliynyk, S. M. Shevchuk // Chasopys ekonomichnoyi ta sotsial’noyi heohrafiyi. – 2012. – Vyp. 13 (2). – S. 9–14.
- Oliynyk Ya. B. Metodolohichni osnovy istoryko-naukovykh doslidzhen’ u suspil’niy heohrafiyi (na prykladi vyvchennya naukovykh shkil) / Ya. B. Oliynyk, S. M. Shevchuk // Ekonomichna ta sotsial’na heohrafiya : nauk. zb. – 2013. – Vyp. 2 (67). – S. 3–12.
- Oliynyk Ya. B. Naukovi shkoly yak ob”yekt doslidzhennya v istoriyi heohrafiyi / Ya. B. Oliynyk, S. M. Shevchuk // Istoriya ukrayins’koyi heohrafiyi : Vseukr. nauk.-teoret. chasopys. – Ternopil’, 2013. – Vyp. 27. – S. 23–32.
- Pistun M. D. Peredumovy ta arhumenty formuvannya ukrayins’koyi ekonomiko-heohrafichnoyi shkoly v 20-kh rokakh KhKh stolittya / M. D. Pistun // Ukrayins’kyy heohrafichnyy zhurnal. – 2004. – # 3. – S. 68–74.
- Shabliy O. I. L’vivs’ka shkola suspil’noyi heohrafiyi / O. I. Shabliy. – L’viv : VTs LNU, 2004. – 167 s.
- Shevchuk S. M. Aktual’ni napryamky doslidzhen’ naukovykh shkil v ukrayins’kiy suspil’niy heohrafiyi / S. M. Shevchuk // Ukrayina: heohrafiya tsiley i mozhlyvostey : zb. nauk. pr. – Nizhyn, 2012. – T. III. – S. 405–409.
- Shevchuk S. M. Vyvchennya naukovykh shkil v ukrayins’kiy suspil’niy heohrafiyi: postanovka problemy / S. M. Shevchuk // Istoriya ukrayins’koyi heohrafiyi : Vseukr. nauk.-teoret. chasopys. – Ternopil’, 2012. – Vyp. 25. – S. 19–22.
- Shevchuk S. M. Naukova shkola Ukrayins’koho naukovo-doslidnoho instytutu heohrafiyi ta kartohrafiyi : [monohrafiya] / S. M. Shevchuk. – Poltava : PNPU imeni V. H. Korolenka, 2013. – 270 s.
- Shevchuk S. M. Naukovi shkoly v ukrayins’kiy suspil’niy heohrafiyi : metodolohichni problemy identyfikatsiyi / S. M. Shevchuk // Ukrayins’ka heohrafiya: suchasni vyklyky : zb. nauk. pr. : u 3 t. – Kyyiv, 2016. – T. 1. – S. 119–121.