EТНNOGEOGRAPHICAL ASPECT OF THE FUNCTIONING OF TERRITORIAL AND POLITICAL SYSTEM OF THE UNITED KINGDOM.
Тhe influence ethnogeographical of the population of the United Kingdom on the formation of the administrative-territorial structure of the state and functioning of government. Considered authority Scottish Parliament, Northern Ireland Assembly and the National Assembly for Wales, the main level administrative-territorial division of four historical regions of the United Kingdom. Indicate the main features of the general political and legal autonomy of historical land units compared to administrative-territorial division of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. It noted the difference division of Scotland, which is an important feature different territorial and political processes in the region in the historical past and at present the dynamics and territorial characteristics of electoral support of ethnic parties in the United Kingdom for the elections to the House of Commons in 2010, 2015, and and the results of voting to the national Scottish Parliament, Welsh Assembly and Northern Ireland Assembly during the 2000s. The major political forces, acting from separatist positions are Scottish National Party, the Party of Wales (Plaid Cymru) and Northern Irish Sinn Fein. Comparison of the results of parliamentary elections in 2010 and 2015 show an increase of support of the Conservative Party, indicating the popularity of the ideas of a strong state and its exit from the European Union. Revealed areas of maximum support of parties formed along ethnic lines and trend growth in popularity of ethnic parties of the radical wing of constituencies in Scotland and Wales, which are more distant from the English counties. Overview main trends interference ethnogeographical and politico-geographical processes in the country.
Key words: ethnogeographical factor, ethnic party, devolution, electoral support.
- Romanyuk A. Porivnyal`ny`j analiz polity`chny`x sy`stem krayin Zaxidnoyi Yevropy`: insty`tucijny`j vy`mir/ A. Romanyuk. – L`viv: Triada-plyus, 2004. – 392 s.
- Election 2010 United Kingdom – National Results [Elektronny`j resurs]. – Rezhy`m dostupu do publ.: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/election2010/results/
- Vote 2014 Northern Ireland Council Results, BBC News, retrieved 30 May 2014 [Elektronny`j resurs]. – Rezhy`m dostupu do publ.: http://www.bbc.com/news/events/vote2014/ni-council-election-results
- 2011 Census, Population and Household Estimatesfor the United Kingdom [Elektronny`j resurs]. – Rezhy`m dostupu do publ.: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/guide-method/census/2011/uk-census/index.html
- Scottish independance referendum [Elektronny`j resurs]. – Rezhy`m dostupu do publ.: http://www.bbc.com/news/events/scotland-decides/results