TO THE QUESTION OF THE CLASSIFICATION OF PLACE NAMES
Geographical name – the history, expressed by means of language. Considering the fact that toponyms are geographical names and to a large extent related to the geographical environment, their research is objective and geographers. There are a number of classifications of the toponymic material (D. Buchko, Th. Karpenko, V. Nikonov, V. Nimchuk, S. Rospond, A. Selishev, A. Speranski, V. Tashichho, K. Tseluyko, etc.), which proved the basic principles of grouping own geographical names. Among the many issues that confront the study of toponymy, one always stands out clearly how best to build a description of the toponymic material. So there was not only the need but also the problem of classification of toponymy. How to build a classification that they are simple and logical. There may be several schemes for the separation of geographical names into categories, depending on the principles on the basis of one or the other classification. Creation of a single universal scheme which meets the diverse requirements, there is a very difficult problem segodnishnih days. The article analyzes various approaches to the classification of toponyms. Created a universal scheme of classification of place names, which is designed to topost-geographer, which is developed on the basis of generalization and systematization of significant toponymic material.
Key words: toponym, classification of place names, geographical names, geographical environment.
- Dvoretskyy Y. Kh. Latynsko-russkyy slovar’. – 6-e yzd., ysp. / Y. Kh. Dvoretskyy. – M.: Russkyy yazyk, 2000. – 846 s.
- Zhuchkevych V. A. Obshchaya toponymyka / V. A. Zhuchkevych. ― Mynsk: Vysshaya shkola, 1980. – 287 s.
- Podol’skaya N. V. Slovar’ russkoy onomastycheskoy termynolohyy. / N. V. Podol’skaya. – M.: Nauka, 1988. – 192 s.
- Slipushko O. M. Tlumachnyy slovnyk chuzhomovnykh sliv v ukrayins’kiy movi: Pravopys. Hramatyka: 10 000 sliv: dlya stud. vyshchykh ta sered. navch. zakladiv / O. M. Slipushko. – K. : Krynytsya, 1999. – 507 s.
- Slovnyk inshomovnykh sliv: 10 000 sliv / Uklad.: S. M. Morozov, L. M. Shkaraputa. – K.: Naukova dumka, 2000. – 680 s.
- Superanskaya A. V. Obshchaya teoryya ymeny sobstvennoho. / A. V. Superanskaya. – M. : Nauka, 1973. – 366 s.
- Toponimichnyy slovnyk-dovidnyk Ukrayins’koyi RSR / [uklad. M. T. Yanko]. – K.: Radyans’ka shkola, 1973. – 180 s.
- Toponimichnyy slovnyk Ukrayiny. – Rezhym dostupu: http://www.toponymic-dictionary.in.ua/