HE UKRAINIAN-GERMAN PROJECT “THE CILIV ACTIVITY FOR HEALTHY ENVITONMENT IN WESTERN UKRAINE”
The subject of our study in the article is an analysis of the results of recently launched international project, the aim of which was to explore and present urgent environmental issues of Ternopil region to its citizens, such as: illegal dumping, water quality, soil contamination, river and subsoil water pollution. The main purpose of the projectwas realized through scientific monitoring, sampling and analysis of soil and water along the Seret river starting from Malashivtsi village of Zboriv district to Butsniv village of Ternopil district. Out task was to research the impact of Malashiv dumping on water quality of Seret river and soil landscape near settlements through which flows the river. The idea of selection and analysis of six soil and five water samples serves as a basis for Ukrainian-German collaborative project. The task of soil samples analysis was to detect heavy metals (Cd, Pb) and trace minerals (B, Mg, Co, Cu, Zn). The water samples analysis consisted with such stages as: indication of nitrate content, heptachlorine, pesticide chemicals and DDT. The results of the analysis reflect relativelysafety condition and deny the Malashiv dumping’s effect on the soil landscape of surrounding villages and Seret river. Students from Ternopil Volodymyr Hnatiuk National Pedagogical University and Braunschweig University of Technology, in addition to laboratory study of soil and water quality of Ternopil region, have also conducted a survey among Ternopil citizens, asking them to evaluate the ecological situation of their own village, town, city and region. The project contributed to close cooperation between activists from Chernivtsi, Ternopil and Braunschweig. The university faculties, that are focusing on environmental issues, have built up relationships with Braunschweig University of Technology and The Free University of Berlin.
Key words: environmental issues, water quality, soil contamination, river pollution, monitoring, heavy metals, trace minerals, nitrates, pesticide chemicals.
- L’viv: pryroda navkolo nas / M. M. Nazaruk, A. M. Galushka, N. V. Partyka, Ju. V. Zin’ko, B. V. Senchyna; red.: M. M. Nazaruk. – L’viv: Kolo, 2016. – 208 s.
- Pryrodokorystuvannja: navchal’nyj posibnyk. / [Caryk L.P, Chebolda I.Ju., Kaplun I.G., Stec’ko N.P. ta in..] – Ternopil’: redakcijno-vydavnychyj viddil TNPU, 2015 – 398 s.
- Ternopil’shhyna: cili i potencial stalogo pryrodokorystuvannja / [Caryk L.P., Stec’ko N.P., Kaplun I.G., Gajda Ju.I., Novyc’ka S.R. ta in] – Ternopil’: SMP «Tajp», 2016. – 498 s.
- Caryk L. Ekologo-geografichnyj analiz i ocinjuvannja terytorii’: teorija ta praktyka (na materialah Ternopil’s’koi’ oblasti) / L. Caryk. – Ternopil’: Navchal’na knyga – Bogdan, 2006. – 256 s.
- Chebolda I.Ju. Geografichni problemy zbalansovanogo rozvytku terytorii’ / I.Ju. Chebolda // Naukovi zapysky TNPU im. V. Gnatjuka. Serija : Geografija. – Ternopil’ : Vydavn. viddil TNPU. –1998. –– S. 111-114.
- Jankovs’ka L.V. Ekologo-geografichne rajonuvannja Ternopil’s’koi’ oblasti / L.V. Jankovs’ka // Naukovi zapysky TDPU. Serija: geografija. – T., 2003. – S. 156-162