NATURAL AND GEOGRAPHICAL SCIENCES AND EDUCATION IN TEACHER TRAINING UNIVERSITY (BY 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF NATURAL SCIENCES AND GEOGRAPHY DEPARTMENT).
Natural and geographical component is an integral part of the structure of modern education. During last 40 years natural and geographical sciences were presented with dignity thanks to the hard work of the scientific collective of the Department Natural Sciences and Geography in Vinnytsia Teacher Training University which is named after Mychailo Kotsiubynsky, whose 100th anniversary was in 2012. Formation of modern structure of Department Natural Sciences and Geography, organization of its teaching staff, founding scientific and educational potential includes few stages. High dynamics of its own development and reorganizing processes in the University didn’t change its main point. This faculty is the only structural subdivision in the University which has kept its name and status. The history of Natural Sciences and Geography Department began in 1974 when the chair of Natural Sciences was founded. Later the chair of Geography was founded in 1978 (1992 – the year of foundation of physical, economic and social geography), chair of Biology (1978), the chair of Anatomy and Physiology (1994), the chair of Chemistry (2000), Basis of medical knowledge chair (2006). Now scientific and educational activitiesare ensured by three chairs – geography, biology and chemistry. The activity of natural sciences and geography department on all stages of development was determined of necessity of training specialists in natural and geographical cycles for making solutions not only in educational spheres but in social and economic problems of environment of Vinnytsia and other regions of Ukraine. Scientific authority of the department is confirmed by its training specialists of high qualification who are prepared through the postgraduate studies. The faculty has its own scientific schools of anthropogenic landscape knowledge (ProfessorDenysyk G.I. – the supervisor) and physiology of plants (Professor Kuryaha V.G. –the supervisor). The scientists of Natural Sciences and Geography Department try to find the solutions on such problems as environmental protection and efficient using of the natural resources.
Key words: Natural Sciences and Geography Department, scientific activity, chair, specialization, scientific school.
- Bilanjuk Volodymyr. Heohrafična osvita i nauka u L’vivs’komu universyteti [Elektron. resurs]. – Režym dostupu: http://ntsh.org/visnyk_N50
- Herenčuk K. Do istoriï rozvytku fizyko-heohrafičnych nauk u L’vivs’komu universyteti / K. Herenčuk, L. Skvarčevs’ka // Fizyčna heohrafija ta heomorfolohija. – Vyp. 16. – K., 1976. – S.10-17.
- Hudzevyč A.V. Osoblyvosti funkcionuvannja kafedry fizyčnoï heohrafiï v procesi pidhotovky včytelja heohrafiï ta ekolohiï / A.V. Hudzevyč, H.I. Denysyk, B.D. Panasenko // Materialy ChChIII Vseukraïns’koï istoryko-krajeznavčoï konferenciï “Osvita na Podilli: mynule ta s’ohodennja” (do 100-riččja zasnuvannja Vinnyc’koho deržavnoho pedahohičnoho universytetu imeni Mychajla Kocjubyns’koho). –Vinnycja, 2011. – S. 80-82.
- Hudzevyč A.V. Pryrodnyčo-heohrafičnyj fakul’tet na tli zahal’noderžavnych ta rehional’nych tendencij počatku XXI st. / A.V. Hudzevyč // Aktual’ni pytannja heohrafičnych, biolohičnych ta chimičnych nauk. Osnovni naukovi problemy ta perspektyvy doslidžennja / Zbirnyk naukovych prac’ VDPU. – Vyp. 9 (14). – Vinnycja, 2012. – S. 3-5.
- Pryrodnyčo-heohrafičnyj fakul’tet // 90 rokiv Vinnyc’komu deržavnomu peduniversytetu imeni Mychajla Kocjubyns’koho / vidp. za vyp. N. M. Šunda. – Vinnycja, 2002. – S. 141–150.
- Suspil’no-heohrafična pidhotovka fachivciv u Kyïvs’komu nacional’nomu universyteti imeni Tarasa Ševčenka / Za red. Olijnyka Ja.B. – K.: “Nika-Centr”, 2007. – 127 s.